Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

aveeno active naturals portect + hydrate lotion

I received a 14g sample tube of this product from Beauty Box 5.  I'm a big fan of Aveeno products, but their Active Naturals line doesn't do much for me.

This lotion contains broad spectrum SPF 30, which is great.  However, the scent of the lotion is very strong - the floral scent is almost overpowering.  This is a big deviation from Aveeno's other products, which are unscented or have a mild oat (and sometimes lavender) scent.  The consistency of this lotion is on the the thin side (also unlike Aveeno's "regular" oat line), so I actually applied this twice on my face because I was convinced this was the only way I would get sufficient SPF coverage.  That being said, the lotion does absorb quickly and does not feel sticky.

Verdict: I have a hard time finding face lotions with SPF that do not feel sticky, so that is one of the pros of this product.  However, the scent is a little too much for me - I would be hesitant to use this on a regular basis because I think my baby would be sensitive to the smell of the product.  I will not be purchasing the full-sized version of this product in the future.  ~3 oz tube, C$10.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment