Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

nuxe micellar cleansing water

Micellar waters are non-rinse, soap-free cleansing waters that contain micelle molecules and are supposed to be effective at removing makeup and other impurities from skin.  The Bioderma micellar water is the one that seems to be the most popular, but I ended up picking up the Nuxe version at Shoppers Drug Mart the other day since (a) I've been wanting to try a Nuxe product for some time and (b) I couldn't resist the bright red sticker that says I would be getting a great deal if I purchased it.  Sold!




As I have said in earlier reviews, I cannot stand the scent of rose water, but I found that this version wasn't too bad.  I always follow up the micellar water with toner, which usually gets rid of the scent.  Other reviews that I have read note that this product leaves a sticky feeling on the skin, but again, the toner takes care of that.  I also tried using this after wearing makeup during the day (and believe me, there aren't too many of those days lately).  The cotton cleansing pad I used with the micellar water certainly picked up a lot of the makeup.  I didn't feel comfortable just following up with toner as I usually do, so I added a couple splashes of water in between.  I would say this product did the job in terms of removing the makeup, but then again, I typically don't wear heavy makeup, so those of you that do may find that a separate cleanser and/or makeup remover is required.

Verdict: My skin looks and feels pretty good.  This product effectively removes the amount of makeup that I would normally wear, so I'm happy with it.  I would love it more if it wasn't rose scented, but again, my follow up toner, as well as moisturizer, more than offset the smell.  I would repurchase this product.  ~6.7oz bottle, US$24

No comments:

Post a Comment