Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

julep - intro box

The Julep Maven nail polish subscription has been around for quite some time, but since I was never really much of a nail polish person (volleyball keeps my nails short), I didn't have much of an interest.  However, since I went through a bit of an online shopping binge over the Christmas holidays, I ended up signing up for the free introductory box.  I had completed their style profile and been pegged as a "classic with a twist" maven, but since I didn't really like the colours that were featured in that introductory box, I selected the "bombshell" box instead.

Julep was very quick to ship out the box - I received the notification two days after placing the order.  Here's what I found in my introductory box:


  • Zelda (Bombshell) - a frosty champagne shade that does not appear to be available on their website
  • Kendra (It Girl) - frosty army green shade (I was a little surprised to have received an "it girl" shade)
  • Luxe Repair Skin Serum from Julep's own brand of skincare
The nail polish bottles are a bit smaller than the standard drugstore offerings (8mL vs. 15), but I don't recall ever having finished an entire bottle of nail polish, so that's not an issue for me.  The bottles also have stickers on the caps that say "swatch me", which is a fantastic idea if you have a ton of nail polishes and don't want to pull out bottles to identify the colour, but it would make even more sense if the stickers were not already adhered to the bottle cap.  I'm not sure how I'm supposed to swatch the polish unless I use another tool like a Q-tip or my finger.

As much of a cop-out as it is, I'm probably going to cancel the subscription after having received this complimentary box.  I don't spend much time on my nails (though I seem to spend hours filing away at my baby's) and even if I do want to pick up a new polish or two, I'm more likely to head to the drugstore down the street than order online.  However, I'm interested in trying out the serum and if it works out (review to follow - I need to give the product some time), I would definitely order more directly from Julep.


No comments:

Post a Comment