Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

skoah gel kleanser

This was a purchase from my last skincare “workout” at Skoah.  The downside of having a different “trainer” each time I go is that they usually recommend different products which may or may not actually be good for my skin, so I usually take their recommendations with a grain of salt.  However, since my skin has been misbehaving recently (oily enough to cause breakouts, but dry on the top layer, making extractions very, very difficult), I decided to switch over to a gel cleanser to see if it would make a difference.

The gel kleanser is oil-free and claims to be free of harsh cleansing agents such as sodium lauryl sulfate (a foaming agent common used in shampoos, soaps and other cleansing products) and alcohol.  It’s actually intended for oily skin, which initially made me raise an eyebrow (I would throw myself in the combination skin category).  The gel is light blue and has a fresh, clean scent that I recognized from my Skoah facials.  It does not foam or lather up when rubbed into skin, but does leave behind a white film to let you know if you’ve missed any areas.  The product rinses off relatively easily with cool water.

My skin felt pretty good after using this product – it didn’t leave my skin feeling tight, but clean and refreshed.  It removes makeup well (except for eye makeup, which I typically remove separately before face cleansing anyway).  I have not had any new breakouts since switching over to this cleanser – so far so good. 

Verdict: I’ll need to use this cleanser for a little longer to see if it has any long-term benefits for my skin.  However, I can see myself alternating between this one and the Aveeno cleanser between seasons.  ~8 fl oz bottle, C$25  

No comments:

Post a Comment