Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

dr. jart premium bb multi-action skincare + makeup, spf 45

When packing for a recent trip down to Las Vegas, I was about to toss the Dr. Jart Water Fuse Gel BB into my makeup bag, but decided I didn’t want to bring the clunky 1oz container with me.  Then I had the brilliant idea to break into my Dr. Jart sampler from my December Sephora purchase.  Because I had (incorrectly) assumed that it would be nice and sunny in Vegas while we were there, I picked the one with the highest SPF, which happened to be the premium BB.

After finding the Gel BB pretty ho hum, I didn’t have high expectations for this one.  As a result, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this BB cream.  When I first squeezed some out of the tube, I was a little concerned as the cream had a grayish tinge to it, which I though in turn would make my skin look dull.  As soon as I put the BB cream on, however, any trace of concern faded away.  The BB cream, which comes in one "universal" shade, blended easily into my skin without excess blending.  It provided medium coverage, which is more than any of the other BB products that I have tried to date – it did a great job covering up my freckles and would work well on minor imperfections.  The cream provided a semi-matte finished that lasted well into the afternoon, which was great for me, as my forehead typically starts to look like an oil slick by noon.

The staying power of this product is strong.  Maybe even a little bit too strong.  As I was travelling, I opted for the lazy route and used cleansing cloths (Pond’s was the choice for this trip) at night.  I ended up having to use two cleansing cloths (both sides of each) to remove the BB cream to my satisfaction.  When I used the BB cream at home after the trip, I went through two rounds of cleanser in order to pass the toner test (i.e., no makeup residue on toner-soaked cotton pad when used after cleansing).  Considering I don’t actually need to apply very much of the product (not even a dime-sized dollop), I was quite surprised that it required so much effort to remove.

As with other BB formulations I have tried, I did not notice any improvement to my skin condition, even though the product is supposed to be infused with white gold for skin brightening and anti-aging benefits.   

Verdict: Even though the cream seems to stick to me like glue, I really like the coverage, finish, and overall feel of this product and would definitely consider repurchasing in the future.  ~1.4oz tube, C$47

  

No comments:

Post a Comment