Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

revlon colour burst lip butter

This was one of my Boxing Day purchases at London Drugs. I know this product has been available for quite some time now, and there are a number of positive reviews on this product. I had wanted to try this out for some time, so as soon as I saw that the price was right, I snapped one up in fig jam.

The container looks like a standard lipstick tube. However, because the base is very narrow, I actually find it difficult to snap the lid off. On a positive note, I’m pretty confident the lid will stay in place in my purse. The colour I chose is a brownish shade. It glides on easy and is true to how the colour looks in the tube. The design of the product isn’t very conducive to getting the colour right to the cupid’s bow on the lips, but it’s nothing a lip brush (or pinky) can’t fix. I wasn’t crazy about the colour when I first put it on as I’m convinced these brownish tones make my teeth look more yellow than usual (thanks to years of daily coffees, caffeinated or not). However, I was pleased to see that after either blotting the colour with a tissue or letting it wear down for a couple hours, the colour fades to a nude colour that I find much more flattering. The product is very moisturizing during the first hour of wear, but as with most other lipsticks or balms, this disappears over time. 

Verdict: Goes on strong but colour fades to a nice muted colour that sticks around for a few more hours, which is more than I expect from similar products. I would purchase this again, but in a different (more pink) shade. ~C$6.99


No comments:

Post a Comment