Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

covergirl liquiline blast eyeliner

This was a drugstore impulse purchase from awhile back – it was after I had already purchased the Clinique quickliner and was looking for a comparable (but less expensive) product in different colours.

Unlike the quickliner, this version is not automatic, so sharpening is required (for hygienic reasons, it is recommended that pencil liners be sharpened before each use, but I’m not much of a stickler for that).  That in itself was not a deal breaker, but for me, the lack of pigmentation was.  I purchased the liner in violet voltage, which, in stick form, is a dark purple.  When applied, the shade that appears is much more muted, requiring a few extra passes over my lash lines to build up to a darker shade.  This certainly takes away from the fool-proof and convenience factors.  In addition, I find that the “gel” formula does not glide on as smoothly as I expected – it felt more like a regular, non-gel liner.

In terms of staying power, I have no complaints.  Assuming you don’t rub your eyes constantly throughout the day or have a good cry, the colour will stay put for the entire day. 

Verdict: For its price point, this is a decent product, but as it is not an automatic liner and it pretty much offers the same feel as a regular ol’ pencil liner, I’d rather buy a regular Bonne Bell or Wet’n Wild pencil liner for a fraction of the price.  I will not be repurchasing this in the future. ~C$9     

No comments:

Post a Comment