Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

eucerin daily protection spf 30 moisturizing face lotion

Before Eucerin hit the shelves of Canadian drugstores, I had already seen the brand in countless magazines being touted as “dermatologist recommended” (reminds of Cetaphil, another product that seems to be highly recommended by dermatologists).  On a trip to the U.S. last year, I saw this product at Target and decided to give it a try – you can never have too much sun protection, right?

2 pumps of the product out of the container is about the right quantity for my face.  The lotion comes out and goes on white, so a bit of blending is required to make sure I don’t walk out of the house with any white streaks on my face.  I like that the lotion is lightweight, so it absorbs into skin within a reasonable timeframe and does not leave my skin sticky.  The lotion is non-comedogenic, which means it doesn’t clog pores and therefore has not caused my skin to break out like heavier sunscreens have in the past.  However, because it’s not as thick as other sunscreen/lotions I’ve tried, I’m not entirely convinced I have the full broad spectrum SPF 30 protection as advertised on the bottle.  In addition, I didn’t find this product moisturizing (and certainly not for 24 hours, as the website.  I would probably save this to use in the summer when my skin is not as parched. 

Verdict: ideal for warmer/less dry climates – I would repurchase this for spring/summer daytime use, but if I know I’m going to be out in the sun all day, I would probably add another layer of sunscreen on top just for added protection. ~4 fl oz bottle, US$6.99  

No comments:

Post a Comment