Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

beauty box 5 – february 2013

My February BB5 box is here - this one took a little over 2 weeks to get to my home.  According to a communication BB5 had sent out earlier, this box is a little different for two reasons: (i) it's their one-year anniversary, and (ii) they are responding to subscriber feedback and requests for larger sample sizes 

Here is what I received in this month's BB5 box (amounts listed are the sample values based on full-size retail value and are listed in USD): 

1.     H2O+ bath aquatics shampoo.  1.25 fl oz sample, $2.06

2.     Tree Hut shea sugar body scrub in Tropical Mango.  5.5oz sample, $2.29

3.     Brush Guards.  Variety 3-pack (xs, s and m).  $4.13

4.     Coolway boost hair treatment/staightener.  1 oz sample, $4.99

5.     BB5 foldable brush compact with mirror.  Value unknown.

6.     iTrain $50 gift card.      

That last product can be used to purchase workouts (mp3 or videos) from the iTrain website.  I see myself using it to acquire 1 or 2 new yoga workouts.

I was a little meh about this month's box.  I would have preferred more cosmetic products, but it's always a bit of a tossup when it comes to these subscription boxes.  The approximate retail value of the products in this month's box (I'm not going to include the iTrain gift card because that is no beauty product) was $13.47, which, when compared to last month's box, doesn't seem like much of a deal.  Larger sample sizes are a nice change, but I'm looking for variety and quality in this subscription.  As long as they're not sending out foil packet samples, quantity isn't terribly high on my priority list.

Here's hoping next month's box will be a little better!

Product reviews on the above skincare/hair products to follow.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment