Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

yves rocher goodies

I know I’m meant to be using up, and not adding to, my skincare/makeup collection, but I recently had a moment of weakness, caved, and made a purchase.  Online shopping is dangerous!

It all started with a recent weekend getaway to Banff.  My sister had brought along a little travel-sized bottle of shower gel (Yves Rocher Italian Mandarin) and my husband had commented that he really liked it.  I immediately pounced on that and thought it would be a great Valentine’s Day gift (or a part thereof).  Once I got home, I looked at the company’s online store and couldn’t find this product available.  After sending an email and receiving a response from the company’s customer service, I found out that the product was considered seasonal and was no longer available for sale.

Undeterred, I decided to look for a reasonable substitute and found one in the form of YR’s Florida Orange shower gel.  It received great user reviews for the scent, and since my husband had been drawn to the citrus notes of the Italian mandarin version, I thought this might do.  So I promptly ordered two bottles. And then some other stuff.

My mom used to order quite a bit of stuff from YR back when I was younger.  Occasionally, she would let me pick 1-2 of their discount (i.e., $5 or under) products with her order, so I loved poring over the catalogs that came in the mail.  So yes, YR does hold some nostalgia for me, which is partly to blame for this recent purchase.

Here is what I ended up with:

  • Florida orange shower gel x 2
  • Ultra matte shine reducing moisturizer
  • Fresh mask with lemon zest
  • Ovale lifting anti-slackening coutour lift care for eyes - this was a "surprise Valentine gift" that came with my order
  • Foil samples of (i) Serum Vegetal wrinkles & radiance dazzling cream; (ii) Pure light light & luminous foundation; and (iii) Sublime skin BB cream in medium.  I likely will not be reviewing these due to the miniscule quantities available for use. 
I’ve been pretty good in exercising restraint when it comes to these kinds of purchases, but hey, we’re all bound to slip up once in awhile.

Product reviews to follow. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment