Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

dr. jart water fuse gel bb

The dry winter conditions here have been wreaking havoc on my skin and the Physicians Formula bb powder I’ve been using has not been helping, so I decided to break out one of the Dr. Jart versions from my December Sephora purchase and give that a try.

According to the description on the Sephora website:

Inspired by the memory foam mattress, shape-memory polymers have the ability to return from a deformed state to its original shape. The Water Fuse Smart Gel BB retakes shape once applied to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and enlarged pores, while also providing flawless coverage. Infused with powerful antiaging and anti-inflammatory ingredients, it brightens the complexion, corrects skintone, and naturally covers blemishes. 

Upon opening the package, I was surprised to find a little plastic spatula enclosed.  The spatula made a bit more sense after I actually touched the bb gel.   It’s a bit like dipping into a pudding cup – if you’re not careful, you may end up picking up too much of the gel.  I’m a fan of the spatula, as it allows you to pick up just the right amount of the gel, and provided that the spatula is cleaned daily, it’s probably a more hygienic way to preserve the product.

The gel goes on smoothly, without any cooling sensation (which I was half-expecting from a gel product).  Because the coverage is so light, the gel just melts into my skin and does not require excessive blending.  That being said, this product, when used alone, will not cover up any blemishes or other imperfections.  Personally, at a minimum, I want these bb products to at least cover up my freckles – something this product could not deliver.

However, there are some redeeming qualities to the gel.  Given its texture, it’s a cinch to apply in the morning.  It doesn’t dry out my skin like the powder formulation did, nor did it feel cakey.  In terms of lasting power, it stays put for quite some time, especially when a layer or translucent powder is dusted over top (which also helps with oil control). 

Verdict: I liked, but didn’t love this product.  Given that it’s a bit pricier than other versions I’ve tried, I don’t think the incremental benefits over the Maybelline version I’ve used outweigh the additional costs.  Plus, now that there are all these CC (color control) creams hitting the market, I would much rather give those a test run to see how they measure up.  I likely will not be purchasing this product again.  ~1 oz jar, US$36

 

No comments:

Post a Comment