Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

nivea mint & minerals lip balm

I have to admit I’m a bit of a lip balm addict, but not by choice. Part of dealing with the dry conditions in Calgary is trying to stay hydrated by guzzling water and/or other beverages throughout the day, especially when I’m in the office. Unfortunately, due to the limited staying power of most lip balms, I find myself having to reapply many times throughout the day. I shudder at the thought of how much lip balm I’ve consumed over the years.

The one that’s been sitting on my desk for the past few months is the mint and minerals edition from Nivea. I had initially picked up the mint flavor over others as I (incorrectly) presumed that the lip balm would leave that nice, tingly feeling when applied.

 
The balm comes in the standard twist-up Chapstick-like container. It’s blue in the tube, but goes on clear. I appreciate the consistency of the product when applied – it’s not thick and goopy, so one swipe across the upper and lower lips is enough. While the product delivers on the moisturizing end (as long as it stays on my lips, anyway), there is no tingly or other pleasant feeling. It smells like mint toothpaste, which I don’t mind, but the taste of product leaves something to be desired (think minty, but with a hint of petroleum jelly). 

Verdict: I still have a 4-pack of eos lip balms waiting to be opened and those are probably going to last for awhile. However, because I’m not crazy about the scent and the taste, I will not be purchasing this product again. ~4.8g tube, C$3.99

No comments:

Post a Comment