Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

clinique rinse-off foaming cleanser

This came in one of the many Clinique gifts with purchase that I’ve accumulated over the last few years. I was originally saving this handy 1oz tube for an upcoming trip, but I caved and ended up purchasing cleansing wipes for the trip, so I have been using this at night as part of my cleansing routine. 

The back of the tube says that this face wash may be used with Clinique’s 3-step skincare products. I think this is meant to be used in place of, and not along with, the Step 1 liquid or solid facial soap. 

The face wash has a light, foamy texture, is light pink in colour, and has a pleasant scent. When it comes into contact with a bit of water or damp skin, it foams up and can easily be spread across the face. I like that this product washes off “clean” without leaving skin feeling tight and dry – this way, I always know when I’ve rinsed every last bit off my face. The face wash does a good job on makeup, but like many other face washes, it’s not quite enough to remove eye makeup. I would recommend that a separate eye makeup remover be used to take off any eyeliner or mascara before dipping into the face wash. 

Verdict: this is a close (albeit slightly more expensive) comparison to the Aveeno version that I’ve been using. I do like that “clean” feeling after rinsing, but I feel the Aveeno version is probably just a tad more moisturizing, which is something I need, especially in the winter time.  Drugstore brand wins again! ~5oz tube, US$19.50


No comments:

Post a Comment