Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

aveeno positively radiant makeup removing cleanser

Ever since a bout of eczema when I was a kid (when the doctor recommended that I start using Aveeno body wash), I’ve been a fan of Aveeno products. There have been a couple disappointments (Aveeno Fresh Essentials Nourishing Moisturizer, which had a strong, artificial floral scent, and a shampoo from their haircare line that just didn’t do anything for me), but overall, their original body washes and lotions have really worked for me.

I started using the foaming face wash about a year ago and haven’t really stopped since. The bottle size is generous and lasts for a long time. The face wash is stored in liquid form but comes out as foam through the pump dispenser – I usually go with 2 full pumps for my face. The face wash feels good on the skin, does not sting my eyes, and rinses off easily. My only complaint here would be that it leaves some moisture behind (which is a good thing), but it makes it a little difficult to know for sure if all of it’s been rinsed off. A couple splashes of water and a quick wipe with the face cloth typically takes care of that.

This product does not dry my skin out and does a pretty good job removing makeup (eyeliner/mascara excepted – those should be removed separately prior to using the face wash). It has a mild scent that doesn’t overpower or linger, and overall, it leaves my skin feeling good. I haven’t had too many skin problems in the past and I think this product will definitely help maintain that. 

Verdict: great for my dry skin, great for removing makeup – I’ve repurchased this before and will happily do it again in the future. ~162ml bottle, C$13.49


1 comment: