Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

clinique quickliner for eyes

I purchased this eyeliner on a whim awhile back at the Clinique counter in Holt Renfrew.  I was actually looking for something relatively inexpensive but useful to make up the amount I need to spend in order to get the gift with purchase being offered at that time (sad, but true, though in my own defense, Holt Renfrew typically has the best gifts with purchase so I didn’t want to miss out). Little did I know that this eyeliner, which was more or less purchased as an afterthought, would make it onto my list of favorites.

The automatic (translation: no sharpening required – you simply twist the top of the eyeliner to release more product, similar to a lipstick) eyeliner is available in a range of shades that are meant for everyday wear – no crazy colours here.  I typically shy away from black liner and am inexplicably drawn to purple liner, but this time around, I decided to be different and went with smoky brown.

There are a number of reasons why I really like this product: (1) the point on the liner is not too sharp and not too blunt, so it’s perfect for drawing a slightly smudgy, but still clean-looking line; (2) the formula goes on smooth and does not tug on the eyelids when being applied; (3) the colour stays put – it does fade a little as the day goes on but most if it sticks around, as I still need eye makeup remover to take it off at the end of the day; and (4) I love not having to sharpen the liner.

I have tried a number of other drugstore automatic liners (Cover Girl, Bonne Bell, Annabelle) but found either the colour itself or the lasting power of the liner to be lacking.  As shown in the photo, I’ve made it through the entire product, which would make it the first eyeline I ever finished.  Enough said. 

Verdict: easy application, staying power, and a nice, natural-looking colour selection means I will definitely be repurchasing this product again in the future. ~US$15

  

No comments:

Post a Comment