Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

the body shop vitamin e body lotion

I used to really like The Body Shop products when I was younger (their lip balms and pink grapefruit soap were favorites for many years). However, with the entrance of Fruits & Passion and Bath & Body Works, as well as the abundance of drugstore varieties available, I haven’t made a purchase from The Body Shop for over 10 years.

This was part of a gift I received from my bridal shower. I’ve been using it on and off, but since assigning myself my new year’s task, I’ve stepped up my usage so I can finish off the bottle and move on to something new. This product contains vitamin E derived from wheat germ oil. It has a light, pleasant scent that reminds me of Keri Lotion. The texture is similar to what I associate with most lotions (i.e., runny). Both the consistency and pink colour remind me of calamine lotion.

I’ve been generously applying this product post-shower each morning. The thin consistency makes it easy to apply and quick to absorb, which is great for my speedy morning routine. However, the same characteristics probably limit the product’s endurance – it’s definitely not a 24-hour moisturizer.

Verdict: Given the fact that I’m trying to finish the bottle off as soon as possible, you have probably figured out that I don’t intend to repurchase this product. Other than the brand, there really just isn’t anything special about it. ~250ml bottle, C$16

 

No comments:

Post a Comment