Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

c.o. bigelow lemon & pomegranate lip cream

Up until about 8 years ago (my math may be a little off, but this should be close), C.O. Bigelow was a brand I only read about in U.S. magazines. However, after the likes of Bath & Body Works and Sephora started making their way into Canada, it became a lot easier to get my hands on these products.
The lemon & pomegranate lip cream was something I picked up at Bath & Body Works last year - there was a 3/$10 sale going on and because it was such a good deal (these usually retail for C$7.50 a pop), I picked out 3 different lip products. I didn't get around to opening this one up until pretty recently, and once I did, I kind of wish I hadn't!

The lip cream is clear, but thick and goopy. The smell reminds me of either grapefruit or wine gums (or maybe grapefruit wine gums) - not like lemonade and definitely not like the pomegranates I've had to date. The lip cream does have some kind of flavouring, as I can detect a hint of sweetness whenever I accidentally ingest some of it. Because of the tube applicator and the consistency of the product, I found it difficult to put on a thin layer, which is a shame, because a thin layer is all anyone really needs. Once on, the thickness, or creaminess, of the product can definitely be felt...until you take a sip of water or a bite food. Then, you can expect at least half of the lip cream you had on to come right off. Because of this, I felt the moisturizing effects of this product were somewhat limited.

Verdict: the thick consistency, lack of staying power and lack of moisturizing benefits mean I will not be purchasing this product again, no matter how much of a deal it is! ~14g/0.5oz, C$7.50

No comments:

Post a Comment