Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

proclaim cocoa & shea butter hand & body lotion

I received this product twice (in different months) back when I was a Luxe Box subscriber – you can see why I didn’t bother to continue my subscription with those guys. I had never heard of this brand before and after doing a little bit of digging around on the Internet, it seems like this brand is more geared towards those of African descent. 
The tubes I received were full-sized products. The lotion is white and thick – I think calling it a cream would be more accurate than a lotion. The product smells like cocoa butter, which typically isn’t my favorite when it comes to scents, but the smell dissipates shortly after application. The remarkable thing about this product is that it absorbs very quickly. Super quick. I can slather some on my hands, leave it for 5 minutes, and then almost feel like I have to apply it again. Because of this, I didn’t find the lotion particularly moisturizing. On a whim, I also applied some to my face for a week. Although it didn’t make my skin break out (thankfully), there were no noticeable differences.

I’m not sure if this product can actually be purchased in Canada. I’ve seen it available online through some US-based sites, such as Sally Hansen. For those of you who want a fast-absorbing moisturizer but is not looking for heavy moisture, this would probably be a great (and economical) product for you.

Verdict: since I’m not crazy about the cocoa butter scent and it does not appear to be widely available in Canada, I would not purchase this product again. ~3oz tube, US$1.69

No comments:

Post a Comment