Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

clinique super city block oil-free daily face protector broad spectrum spf 40

I have a pasty (I prefer “fair”) complexion and am pretty bound and determined to keep it that way, although beach volleyball in the summer typically wreaks havoc in the form of freckles and other sun spots. I’ve tried a number of facial sunscreens in the past and the common complaints typically include the following:
  • Felt greasy
  • Made my face shiny
  • Did not work well with makeup when applied under (i.e., sunscreen before makeup)
  • Caused breakouts
2 summers ago, I started using an oil-free version from Clinique daily. The creamy, tinted formula (which goes on clear) blended easily into my skin, absorbed reasonably quickly, and did not make my face one giant oil slick. On the negative side, it still didn’t play nicely with my tinted moisturizer (or BB cream), as attempts to blend the moisturizer on top of the sunscreen would result in one or both products flaking off in eraser-shaving fashion. Where I really try to minimize the blending action, the flaking is not as bad. However, I can see this being more of an issue when the sunscreen is used with heavier makeup such as foundation or concealer.
Despite the blending faux-pas (which I’m not sure I can avoid with any other product), I’m pretty happy with the texture and high SPF of the product. Once I’m through with this tube, I’ll likely experiment with a couple others, but this is one I would definitely go back to in the future.
Verdict: stronger sun protection without the greasy mess is a huge plus for me – I would purchase this product again. ~40ml tube, US$21

 

No comments:

Post a Comment