Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

clinique liquid facial soap

Over the past couple of years, my Clinique gift with purchase collection has been accumulating steadily. As part of my plan to clear my beauty stash, I’m making a conscious effort to use up these products one by one. On a recent trip to Toronto, I packed a sample size of Clinique’s liquid facial soap. When I travel, I typically pick up a pack of cleansing wipes for convenience, so bringing actual face wash was a first for me.

The sample I had was mild, which is intended for dry-combination skin. My sister had previously used Clinique’s 3-step skincare line. Back then, I don’t think the liquid soap alternative was available, as I recall a big bar of soap in a green plastic container sitting on our bathroom counter for months at a time.

The smell of the liquid soap is exactly how I remembered the bar soap to be – like glycerin. I used this product for 6 nights in a row and still had quite a bit left over in the 1oz tube. A quarter-sized dollop was more than enough to create a good amount of foam to cover my entire face. Once rinsed off, my skin did not feel tight or dry (but it also did not feel moisturized), and a quick swipe of toner on a cotton pad proved that any traces of BB cream I had on during the day had been removed. 

Verdict: the Clinique version does the job, but the smell of the product is not enticing and I find the Aveeno foaming face wash (a full bottle of which is sitting there waiting for me) is more moisturizing and equally effective at removing makeup at the end of the day. Where a drugstore brand yields comparable (or better) results versus a department store brand, the drugstore brand will always win in my books. Because of this, I will not be purchasing this product. ~6.7 fl oz, US$16.50

As I accidentally left the tube in my last hotel bathroom, I couldn't take a picture of the sample size I had, so here's a pic of the full-size version from the Clinique website.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment