Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

origins ginger rush intensely hydrating body cream and whipped body soufflé

My husband went a little crazy at the Origins counter this past Christmas. It all started one day at his office when every so often, he would catch a whiff of something that smells like gummy cola bottles. Oddly enough, the smell came from a hand cream that one of his coworkers used – an Origins product in ginger rush. He (correctly) guessed that I would also like the scent, so he picked up a number of products for me as part of my Christmas gift (reviews on other Origins products I received will follow when I get around to using them).

Given the size of the intensely hydrating body cream (this was a gift with purchase, not the full size listed below), I’ve tossed it in my purse and have been using it as a hand cream. The cream is quite thick and I’ve found that a small dab (about the size of a frozen pea) goes a long way. The scent is delicious – for some reason, it does smell like gummy cola bottles (the sour variety) and while it provides a burst of the scent when first applied, the smell disappears after a few minutes. The product is rich – even that pea-sized dab feels a bit greasy after application but should be fine when properly used as a body lotion.

The whipped body soufflé comes in a tub and reminds me of cold cream. As a “whipped” product, the texture is lighter than the body cream and is more readily absorbed by skin, which I prefer. I typically slather some on at night before going to bed and it keeps my skin reasonably moisturized throughout the night. When compared to Aveeno, which I normally use, the body soufflé is probably not as rich, so this product may not be great for people with extremely dry skin. 

Verdict: I’m usually not a fan of purchasing department store body creams and moisturizers as I think they can get very expensive, but I would purchase the whipped body soufflé again as a treat. ~Ginger Rush intensely hydrating body cream (limited edition) 6.5oz, C$40.50; Ginger Rush whipped body souffle (part of limited edition trio) 3 x 125ml, C$47

No comments:

Post a Comment