Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

shu uemura gloss unlimited


This trial-sized lip gloss is one of the samples that my sister passed on to me. I think this is the first Shu Uemura product I have ever used. This brand originated from Japan and has quite a following – apparently the eyelash curler is something of a cult favourite.

The lip gloss looks to be pretty standard - a tube with a sponge-tip applicator (makes application nice and easy to control). This particular shade (wine) is a sparkly rose-pink in the tube but is not sparkly once on, which is great, as I personally think glitter and sparkles are a bit too grade school for me. I think the resulting colour is quite pretty and natural looking. The texture is creamy without feeling too heavy or sticky. The gloss smells sweet – reminds me of wine gums – and has no discernable taste. The only downside to this product was that the colour didn’t last very long – after a small cup of coffee at the car dealership while waiting for my oil change, the colour and sheen were both gone.

Verdict: While I like the colour of the product, I think the same results can be achieved with a drugstore brand lip gloss from Cover Girl or even Bonne Bell, so to me, it’s not worth paying the premium to repurchase.~full-size tube (specs unknown), US$23


No comments:

Post a Comment