Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

fekkai brilliant glossing shampoo and conditioner


I can’t remember exactly how I came to acquire this sample but I think it may have been passed on from my sister. The labels for both the shampoo and conditioner list olive oil. From past experience, any hair product that contains enough of any oil worth mentioning has not worked for me, as my hair is too fine to hold up to the oils and typically just ends up looking greasy. However, given that the sample size only contained about 3 uses, I figured I would give it a try.


Both the shampoo and conditioner have a pleasant, fruity smell. Unlike other oil-containing shampoos and conditioners I have tried, these seemed to rinse out clean. Although I typically don’t blow dry my hair after washing to avoid heat damage, I wanted to see how the shampoo and conditioner would hold up after blow drying vs. air drying.

Days 1 and 2, blow-dried: my hair seemed to take a bit longer to blow dry than usual. There was plenty of movement in my hair for most of the day, but it started to feel a bit greasy, especially on day 2. 

Day 3, air-dried: probably because of the oils having accumulated in my hair, as well as the fact that it was left to air dry, my bangs refused to cooperate in the morning and my hair felt slick during the day.

As for the “glossing” properties of the shampoo and conditioner, I didn’t notice much of a difference. However, as my hair is stick-straight, it reflects light very well so I typically don’t have an issue with the shine factor. Because of the oils in these products, I could understand how coarser or curly hair may benefit from a bit of gloss – oil will pretty much make anything shiny!

Verdict: Both the shampoo and conditioner sat heavy in my hair, weighing it down and giving the appearance of the greasies even after being washed. I won’t be purchasing this set in the future. ~Shampoo and conditioner, 8oz, US$25 each

No comments:

Post a Comment