Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

cake it's a slice supreme body mousse

I received this mini (66ml) bottle from my sister as part of a gift pack from Cake. When I first opened the bottle up and took a whiff, I knew I wasn't going to enjoy it because of the scent. This product smells (and therefore, once applied, will make you smell) like an orange Creamsicle. If you've read my earlier posts, I'm generally not a fan of food-scented beauty products, which pretty much includes Cake's entire product line.

As I don't like wasting products, I'm determined to use up this product anyway, as fast as I can. I have discovered the best way to do this is to slather this on generously on my lower body. I have been doing this for the past few nights and have been going to bed smelling like a Creamsicle. At this rate, I think I'm on pace to finish up the bottle within a week from now.

This product contains vitamin E, mango butter, and an assortment of oils (aloe vera, macadamia, coconut). As it's chock full of moisturizing goodies, this product leaves my legs well moisturized into the morning hours. It has a fairly typical body lotion consistency and absorbs quickly into skin. However, for me, the strong orange-vanilla (which I can still faintly detect in the morning) is more than enough to deter any future purchases.

Verdict: a good moisturizer for those of you who don't mind smelling like an orange frozen treat. I, however, will not be purchasing this again. ~250ml / 8 fl oz, $C22

No comments:

Post a Comment