Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

sephora goodies

At last, my much-anticipated Sephora purchase has arrived. I initially placed the order online (my first online purchase from Sephora) back on December 21, but due to the holidays, the delivery time took a bit longer than expected. This is somewhat understandable, as the products ship from the U.S. and need to clear customs before being sent on through Canada Post. I liked ordering online because the products I purchased were accompanied by samples – once I hit the minimum to receive free shipping, the samples were definitely a bonus over purchasing the products in store. In addition, there were a few things in the order that were not available in the Canadian stores.


Here’s what I purchased:

  • Ole Henriksen 3 Little Holiday Wonders (serum, night gel, creme) x 2 
  • Dr. Jart BB The Original BB Set  (4 mini BB creams)
  • Dr. Jart Water Fuse Smart Gel BB Cream
  • NUDE Skincare ProGenius Treatment Oil (sample) 
  • Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture (sample) 
  • Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking (sample) – this was actually supposed to be the Tarte Maracuja oil, but it looks like I received a last minute substitution
  • First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser (sample)
The sample sizes are not the “deluxe” samples that typically come in beauty boxes and will likely be finished after one use, so I may not end up reviewing these as it’s pretty hard to provide an objective review from a single use. However, reviews for the purchased products will most definitely follow in the coming months.

I'm pretty excited to try out these products, since the Dr. Jart BB creams and Ole Henriksen products received very excellent reviews on Sephora. In addition, I noticed that the Dr. Jart Smart Gel BB Cream is no longer available for purchase on the site, so I'm glad I snapped it up back in December.
 
This adds quite a bit to the stash that I am aiming to mostly or completely get rid of by the end of this year - looks like I’ve definitely got my work cut out for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment