Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

crabtree & evelyn rosewater antibacterial moisturizing hand gel

I received this product as a gift for my bridal shower back in 2011 from a friend that loves the Crabtree & Evelyn brand and clearly wanted to get me to try their products. I thought that this product would be great for keeping at my desk at work because of the antibacterial properties – who knows how many germs or other bacteria have accumulated on my keyboard, mouse, and miscellaneous files?
I was very disappointed in this product for a number of reasons. The texture of the product is greasy and takes quite a bit of rubbing in to absorb. Half a pump is probably enough for both hands. Just to experiment, I pumped a pea-sized drop onto a scrap of tissue paper to see what would happen and the gel just sat there – didn’t absorb into the tissue paper at all. Although I may be biased on this point because I’m not a fan of how rosewater smells, the scent of this product just didn’t appeal to me, and it lingered for quite some time after application. I’m also a little suspicious of the “antibacterial” properties of this product. Unlike most drugstore antibacterial gels, this one did not come with an expiry date so I’m not sure if this product actually does much in the way of sanitizing.

Verdict: Unappealing smell, greasy texture, questionable antibacterial properties – I definitely will not be purchasing this product again. ~250ml, US$15

*Freebie Alert* - even though I’m not a fan of this product, there may be some of you out there that wouldn’t mind giving it a try. If you live in the Calgary area and would like to arrange to pick this up from me at some point, leave a comment to connect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment