Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

revlon balm stain

I’ve had my eye on these balm sticks for awhile but had refrained from purchasing mainly because I had a whack of other lip products to get through. These were on sale at London Drugs for Boxing Week so I went and picked up in crush to try out. There weren’t any testers in store – based on the exterior of the pencil, I had expected a berry colour with blue undertones. It ended up more of a wine colour with brownish-undertones, which wasn’t great for making my teeth look any whiter. Thankfully, the colour wasn’t too overwhelming. While the colour felt moisturizing as it was being applied, the “balm” part of this product did not last, as I found myself putting on lip balm later on in the morning.

I’ve read some other reviews that swear the colour will last for 6+ hours. However, after a round of morning coffee and sips of water at my desk, the colour had more or less disappeared about 3.5 hours after it was first applied. I actually found myself to be somewhat relieved – if a lip colour actually stained my lips for a full day, I would be concerned about not being able to take it off properly at night.

Verdict: not bad for the price point, but would probably sacrifice a bit on colour and choose something more moisturizing next time. ~2.7g stick, C$8.99, available at various retailers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment