Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

cake satin sugar glistening dry shampoo & body powder

Picture I went through a dry shampoo phase where I tried out 4-5 different kinds of dry shampoo sprays/powders in an effort to avoid washing my hair daily to preserve my already-thin hair. The best one that I’ve come across to date is the powder version by cake. Even though I have pretty much given up on trying to find the “perfect”dry shampoo, I do use this one once in awhile when I rush out of the house without having washed my hair.

The powder comes in two shares – light and dark. I chose the dark tone for my dark brown hair. As per the directions on the tube, you’re supposed to shake some out, work it through your hair with your fingers, leave on for a couple minutes, then brush out. It is really important to make sure you don’t just drop a clump of the powder in your hair, especially if you have light-coloured skin, as the powder really shows up against anything that is lighter in colour. On the plus side, the powder does blend into my hair colour, unlike other dry shampoos that start off white but turn dark hair into a grayish mess. The application is a bit of a messy job, so I would recommend doing so over a sink.

Once in, the powder leaves a cake batter scent that tends to linger. I’m generally not a fan of smelling like any type of food, especially when I’m out in public, but I don’t believe the smell is overpowering enough to affect other people in the vicinity, unless they happen to be standing right next to me. In terms of staying power, I usually squeeze a few hours of good hair time before my hair starts to look greasy, flat and lifeless again. This is already miles ahead of most of the other dry shampoos I have tried in the past. Because of its limited life, I typically only use this product if I need to go out in the morning and know I won’t have time to wash my hair until later in the day.

This product also comes in spray form, but since I have had issues with the nozzle clogging up in other dry shampoo aerosols, I won't be trying it out.

Verdict: does the job for a few hours in terms of fighting bed head and the greasies.  I would purchase this again when the container I have finally runs out. ~50g / 1.7oz, C$20

No comments:

Post a Comment