Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

new year, new...task?

Hope everyone had a great holiday season. Even though I worked during the non-stat holiday days between Christmas and New Year's, I still feel like I had a pretty decent break.

While my husband was occupying himself with setting up the TV stand for his new toy last night, I decided to go through my cosmetic/skincare collection. When I had everything out on the bed, I was aghast. Yes, folks, that truly is the appropriate word for how I felt when I saw the pile of unused/partially used goods lying there (I'm too ashamed to post a picture of the mess). After a bit of purging, I was still left with what probably amounted to a year's worth of beauty products. I'm kind of thinking my brand new subscription to Beauty Box 5 was a little premature...

I'm usually not one for making New Year's resolutions or setting goals, but thought I would set myself one simple task to clear this mess: get through my beauty stash by the end of the year! This is going to mean using up all of what I currently have, and trying to use up most of what I will inevitably acquire throughout 2013 (including my pre-Christmas order of Ole Henriksen products from Sephora, which has yet to arrive in my mailbox). To get through this, I'm really going to have to limit any new purchases and commit to using up what I have. It will be interesting to see how well I do this time in 2014. On a positive note, I will have lots of products to review over the coming months. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment