Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

benefit posie tint

This is a product that I received months ago back when I was a Luxe Box subscriber, but something that I didn’t start using until recently. As a teenager, I loved Benefit products – not so much because I could afford them (I made exactly one purchase – Dr. Feel Good balm, which didn’t quite live up to expectations) – but because I loved poring through their colourful and often witty catalogs.

I never tried the much-heralded benetint, but was intrigued to try out this version of the lip and cheek stain. The colour in the tube was almost a flamingo pink with a dash of orange thrown in, but once on, the colour was a sheer wash of pink that looked fairly natural. As with other tints, if you don’t work quickly, you may end up with an unwanted pink splotch on your face.

I typically don’t like to layer on a lot of blush (my assistant thought I was flushed from fever or some other illness when I accidentally put on a little too much one day), but felt like more was required to be applied in order for the colour to last. The fact that the stain didn’t wash off my fingers easily after application was another downside.

Verdict: a solid product that’s easy to use and has some staying power, but as I personally don’t like working with stains, I will not be purchasing this product. ~12.5 mL 0.42 US fl. oz, US$29

No comments:

Post a Comment