Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

cake velveteen hand cremes

My sisters-in-law gave me a gift set containing 3 hand creams by cake. Each 100ml tube was a different scent:

milk made: white, contains whole milk and marshmallow extract, smells like marshmallow fluff
vanilla snow woman: tan colour that goes on clear, contains the same ingredients as milk made, smells a little bit of gingerbread spices and vanilla.
un-sweet: white, meant for extra sensitive skin.

 

I keep the milk made tube on my desk at work and slather some on whenever it occurs to me to do so. The formulation is not overly thick and absorbs quickly. The scent tends to linger for a few minutes afterward. I’m still undecided as to whether I actually like the marshmallow fluff or other edible scents, but as the smell dissipates after awhile, it’s not a deal breaker. The moisturizing benefits typically last for a few hours, or until my next hand wash.

I’m not very fussy when it comes to things like body lotion or hand cream. In fact, I typically gravitate towards the Aveeno lineup
as it worked wonders on my skin when I was an eczema-ridden pre-teen. While the sweet scents and cute packaging of the cake creams have a certain appeal around the holidays, it’s not something I would be tempted to purchase during the rest of the year.

Verdict: nothing special, so I will not buy again when I’m through with these three. ~each lotion contains 3.4 fl oz (100ml) of product and retails separately for C$18

No comments:

Post a Comment