Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

eos lip balm

eos (stands for “evolution of smooth”) products have been available in Canada for the past year or so. Back when I first started to notice the colourful ads in magazines, eos lipbalms were only available in a few places (Shoppers Drug Mart, well.ca, Indigo). Now, they seem to have hit the mainstream – I’ve seen the products anywhere from Wal-Mart to Costco.

My husband first got me the eos lip balm in summer fruit (reminds me of Wrigley’s Juicy Fruit gum) as a stocking stuffer last Christmas. Although I didn’t particularly like the texture at first – it felt waxy – it grew on me, and here’s why:

- The waxy texture provided protection and moisture,which made it perfect for Calgary winter weather (translation: cold and dry)
- When left in my purse to be used when I was out, one container lasted for over 4 months
- It contains the benefits of a lip balm container but without the messy (and bacteria-breeding) fingertip application
- The round, chubby shape of the container made it a cinch to find in my purse

I’ve since moved on to try the honeysuckle honeydew flavor (a little more artificial – not one I would buy again) and it provided similar benefits. I’ve been eyeing the multi-pack available at Costco and found one in my stocking this year (pictured). eos also carries a limited line of other products (shave cream, hand lotion, body lotion), which I haven’t had the opportunity to try yet.

Verdict: will definitely buy again (and again) – their lip balms definitely beat Chapstick. ~C$3.99-4.99 available at various retailers

No comments:

Post a Comment