Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

biotherm blue therapy serum

My sister received this sample (among others) from Shoppers Drug Mart along with a purchase last year and promptly passed it on to me since she’s been amassing quite the collection of product samples. After leaving it in my cosmetics bag for several months, I decided to finally give it a try.

One of the issues I had with this serum sample was the size – it’s a tiny 1 ml packet that resulted in just one use. Even if I had applied the product sparingly and stretched it out to two uses, that still would not have been enough to determine whether or not the product is effective and if it’s right for me.

The texture of the product was runny – it went on smoothly and seemed to absorb quickly. However, the serum had a very masculine smell to it – like men’s cologne. The scent was fairly strong, as I could still noticeably detect it about half an hour after first applying. The next morning, my skin seemed fine – no more or less moisturized than it had been the day before.

Seeing as I didn’t really have enough information to formulate much of an opinion on the product, I went online to see what others had to say. On the Biotherm website, there were a couple reviews posted and both were positive. The reviewers said the product was great for diminishing acne scars and dark spots. People also seemed to like the esthetics of the bottle (which I think is silly – how a bottle looks has no impact on how the product within works and really should not factor into the buying decision). One of the reviewers commented on the scent as well, but unlike me, she didn’t seem to mind it.

Verdict: Miracle product or not, the smell of this product is so off-putting the potential benefits are just not worth it to me. No thanks! ~30ml, C$65
 

No comments:

Post a Comment