Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

kiehl's ultimate thickening shampoo

I am always (and I do mean always) in the market for a product that will (i) prevent or at least minimize some of the seasonal shedding that I go through or (ii) make my hair appear a little fuller.  Kiehl’s products have a pretty good reputation based on user reviews floating around on the Internet, so I decided to give the hair thickening shampoo a try.

According to Kiehl’s website, the shampoo is "infused with a blend of thickening polymers, naturally-derived proteins and an Omega-6 essential fatty acid derivative to fortify and texturize thinning hair. Combined with these is a blend of nurturing Vitamin E and Rosemary, Peppermint, and Cedarwood essential oils (for a stimulating sensation on scalp), to create a gentle formula that helps reinforce hair strands for a noticeably thicker, healthy-looking appearance and improved scalp coverage."

The product is white and creamy, with a peppermint scent.  Because of the scent, I half-expected to feel a little tingly when applied, which turned out not to be the case.  The shampoo rinses off clean and does not leave much of a lingering scent.  

In terms of thickness – did it work for me?  When I take the time to blow-dry my hair properly after using the shampoo, it does seem to add a little bit of extra oomph to my hair and definitely cuts down on the static that normally strikes in winter weather.  However, if I don’t blow-dry (which is the case on most days), there is no noticeable thickness in appearance or by touch. 

Verdict: Provided it’s used consistently (I typically alternate this with a couple other shampoos) and you actually take the time to properly style your hair, this product can have an amplifying effect on hair.   I am currently on my second bottle of this product so I clearly like it enough to have repurchased it! ~8oz bottle, C$25



No comments:

Post a Comment