Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

h2o+ spa sea salt body wash

A sample of this product came in the March edition of BB5.  Since I’m making a conscious effort to use up some of the sample sizes in my stash before buying any new full-sized products, I decided to start on this one (plus, I thought it would be a nice complement to the H20+ shampoo I was also trying out).

According to H2O+’s website, the body wash contains European sea salts, red marine algae, Japanese green tea and pro-vitamin B.  The product feels like a typical body wash – not too thick nor thin – and it lathers up nicely.  The smell of the body wash took me by surprise.  I knew the product contained sea salt, but I wasn’t quite expecting the scent of the body wash to be so sharp.  It definitely reminded me of body scrub treatments that I have had in the past.  The scent doesn’t seem to linger after the product is rinsed off, but the sharpness of it takes away from the whole bath/shower experience for me.

Otherwise, the body wash was decent – there were days where I doubled up on showers and the body wash did not leave my skin feeling tight or dry.  However, I would say that this is pretty standard compared to other body washes (including drugstore brands) that I have used in the past. 

Verdict: The scent was a little off-putting and the product itself was really nothing special – I will not be purchasing this in the future.  ~60mL travel sized-tube, US$5 [note: no full-sized version appeared to be available on H2O+’s US website at the time this was posted].  

No comments:

Post a Comment