Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

lancome bi-facil double-action eye makeup remover

I had a sample of this eye makeup remover kicking around as part of a Lancome gift with purchase from awhile back.  Up until about a year ago, I had relied on the ol’ scrub-with-a-washcloth method to remove eye makeup but realize now that it’s probably not the way to go in the long run since the skin around the eyes is more delicate than say, the cheeks.  Since then, in an attempt to preserve my youthful good looks (ha!) and to use up my beauty stash, I’ve been diligently removing eye makeup before my nightly facial cleanse. 

The Lancome eye makeup remover separates into two layers in the bottle – one is presumably an oil, and the other, some other form of liquid that is denser than oil.   The bottle is meant to be shaken up to mix together all that eye makeup-removing goodness (actual terms: the "bi-phase" formula) before use.  I liberally sprinkle this stuff on a cotton pad and dab along my eyes.

This product pretty much instantly dissolves eyeshadow, but takes a few firmer swipes to fully remove eyeliner.  This is the downside, because the product does sting if it gets into your eyes.  Nothing that a couple splashes of cool water can’t take care of, but still an unpleasant feeling nonetheless.  I can’t comment on its effectiveness on mascara (waterproof or otherwise) as I currently do not own any.  Because there is some kind of oil in the formulation, the product leaves behind a slight greasy residue that is easily removed with any facial cleanser.

Verdict: this product gets the job done, but the stinging factor is a major draw-back for me, especially since this product is marketed for sensitive skin and contact lens wearers (there is no way I would leave my contacts in when using this stuff).  I discovered a full-size bottle of this in my bathroom vanity, which was a mildly upsetting as I now feel obligated to finish using that before buying any other ones.  After that, though, this product will not make the list for a repeat purchase. ~4.2 fl oz. bottle, C$35     


No comments:

Post a Comment