Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

beauty box 5 - march 2013

This month's BB5 box arrived late again - almost 3.5 weeks after shipping (for which I received no notification this time around...not impressed).  I can chalk up some of the delay to the Easter long weekend, but I am starting to get a little annoyed that each month, it seems to take longer and longer for the boxes to make their way to me.
Here is what I received in this month's BB5 box (amounts listed are the sample values based on full-size retail value and are listed in USD):

1.     La Fresh nail polish remover wipes. 2 wipes, $1.33

2.     Brazen Cosmetics eyeshadow in Suburbia. 0.18oz (assumed full size received), $7.49

3.     Tree Hut moisturizing lotion in Tropical Mango. 2oz, $1.44

4.     H2O+ spa sea salt body wash. 1oz, $1.36

5.     H2O+ eye lift concentrate. 0.13oz, $9.88

I was a little underwhelmed by the dollar value of this month's box $(21.50) at first, but after looking at the products, I'm actually quite happy with the contents, as they are all products that I can get some use from (unlike a couple of the products from last month's box).  While I have a slight preference for more brand variety each month, I don't mind H2O+ products and have read pretty good reviews about the Tree Hut line so I'm happy to give these products a try.  The eyeshadow will be tough to love - I'm not terribly fond of loose powders as I tend to make a mess out of the application process, especially when the powder containers (including this one) do not come with a sifter to separate out a smaller quantity of the product for dipping into.  Nevertheless, an improvement over last month's box! 
Product reviews on the above to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment