Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

c.o. bigelow lavender salve

I picked this up a year or so ago as part of a 3/$10 deal from Bath & Body Works. I had previously tried C.O. Bigelow’s rose salve, which I did not like (mostly due to the heavy rose scent), so I was hoping a different scent would be an improvement since this product seemed to be a hit in magazines as a multi-purpose salve.

Like the rose salve, this one comes in a small round tin. The size of the tin is pretty deceiving though, as this staff seems to last forever. I guess the product longevity really depends on how it’s used – I typically slather it on my lips at night and once in awhile also use it on cuticles. I imagine if this was used on rough heels and elbows as well, the salve would disappear at a faster rate.

The salve is a light purple shade in the tin, but applies clear. It has a thick, petroleum jelly-like consistency that probably accounts for its staying power. It has a light lavender scent that I typically don’t notice a few minutes after application. As this is the last thing I apply before I go to bed, I don’t end up ingesting much of the product, so to me, it does not really have a discernible taste.

According to C.O. Bigelow’s website, the salve may be used as needed on lips, face, cuticles, elbows, knees, or other chapped or dry skin patches. The thought of putting something so heavy on my face is a little scary, so I have yet to try that. 

Verdict: I like that the little tin of salve lasts for a long time and the salve is great in the winter for my lips. I would consider repurchasing this again, but will probably hold off on doing so until next winter so I can use the rest of the year to dip into my eos lip balm stash. ~22g tin, C$7.50




No comments:

Post a Comment