Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

clinique clarifying lotion 2

Another remnant of my Clinique gifts with purchase – I actually have 2 of these that I need to get through.

This product is part of Clinique’s 3-step skincare system. The "2" in the name is intended for dry/combination skin.  I have never used the full 3-step system at once, but because of these sample sizes, I have now tried all of them (liquid facial soap, this clarifying lotion, and the dramatically different moisturizer) at one point or another.

Right off the bat, I didn’t think I was going to like this clarifying lotion at all. As soon as I opened the bottle, a very strong, alcoholic smell hit me, and I was immediately concerned that maybe I shouldn’t be using it – after all, my skin is already dry (in some areas) due to our lovely Calgary winter conditions – applying anything alcoholic just did not seem like a good idea.

Nevertheless, I gave the clarifying lotion a try. Surprisingly, it didn’t prove to be too trying on my skin. However, whereas I had expected this product to act as a toner (remove any remaining traces of makeup/impurities from my skin and restore its pH balance), I found it was more of an astringent (basically, a heavier-duty toner).

Verdict: I definitely prefer my Skoah glow tonik to this product. The strong, alcoholic scent knocks me out a little every time I use it, so after going through my 2 sample bottles, I will not be purchasing this product. ~6.7 fl. oz. bottle, US$13


No comments:

Post a Comment