Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

beauty box 5 – january 2013

The BB5 boxes ship from the U.S., so there is a bit of a time lag from when the U.S. subscribers get their box and when I eventually receive mine. Since (i) I can’t help looking at the spoilers posted by the U.S. subscribers and (ii) BB5 actually emailed out the informational insert for January’s box once they found out the incorrect ones had been included in some, there wasn’t much of an element of surprise when I opened up the box. I’m ok with that though – getting a nice package in the mail is good enough!   

Here is what I received in this month's BB5 box:
1.      Ferro Cosmetics Desert Rose Blush. Sample size, no specs provided, US$17

2.       Perfumies Solid Perfume Stick. Full and sample size, 0.07oz, US$7

3.       Pencil Me In Eye Pencil. Full and sample size, 1.8g, US$6.99

4.       Model Co Colourbox Lip Pencil in Pomegranate. Full and sample size, 1.6g, US$18

5.       It's a 10 Miracle Hair Mask. 2 x 13ml sample packs, US$2.10 (based on Amazon)
That final product was a “surprise 2012 favorite”, meaning it’s one of the products that was included in a 2012 box. In my opinion, that looks like a way to use up excess inventory, but as I wasn’t a subscriber in 2012, everything is new to me and I’m just fine with that.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the value and contents of the box. The approximate retail value of the products in this month's box was US$51, which is a great return on investment based on the $8 + change I paid. Plus, since I'm a little bogged down with skincare products at the moment, the cosmetics are a welcome addition.

Product reviews on the above will follow shortly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment