Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014

skoah skin juice body lotion

I received a 1oz bottle of this lotion as my "bed treat" from a facial last year at Skoah.  I finally got around to trying this out early in the new year (as I'm still slowly whittling down my collection of makeup and skincare products). 

According to Skoah's website, this is their most popular body lotion.  The formula contains sea kelp algae, mango, and shea butters, which all sounded pretty standard for a moisturizer.

I used this on my hands and arms before going to bed.  The lotion, being a lighter consistency, went on smoothly and absorbed quickly.  This is consistent to the other Skoah lotions I have tried out in the past.  However, what makes this lotion different (to me, at least) was the scent: it has a sweet honeydew scent to it (almost like Skoah's Hydradew mask), but there was an almost rancid smell to it.  Instead of a burst of freshness, it smelled like I had smeared some honeydew that was going bad on myself.  And the smell lingered.  I was still wrinkling my nose at it in the morning.

Verdict: I love most of the Skoah products that I've tried, but if you've read my reviews, you know that the scent of a product alone is enough to deter me from repurchasing or even finishing it off.  I will not be purchasing a full-sized version of this product.  ~8oz bottle, C$15.

*I did not take a photo of my sample-sized bottle, so this is the full-sized version off Skoah's website.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment