Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

yves rocher ultra matte shine reducing moisturizer

This moisturizer was purchased back in February along with a bunch of other stuff from Yves Rocher.  Even though my skin gets dehydrated in the winter (or so they keep telling me at Skoah), the T-zone tends to get a bit slick by mid-day.  When I saw this product and the positive reviews on the website, I decided to give it a try.

The lotion contains scutellaria extract, sandalwood essential oil, and alphloia purified extract.  Scutellaria is a type of flowering plant in the mint family and is traditionally used in Chinese medicine to support the immune system - not sure how that fits into a mattifying product.   The sandalwood essential oil definitely stood out to me as soon as I opened up the container as that was pretty much all I could smell.  Although the scent is definitely strong and squarely in the "herbal" category, it thankfully dissipates once applied.  

Now on to the important stuff - does the product work?  I've been applying a layer of this all over my face as a base moisturizer, then layering BB cream on top.  While the product does not deliver skin that stays matte all day long as advertised, my face did not resemble an oil patch by noon.  Blotting papers and/or powder were still required for a quick T-zone touch up to avoid excess shine in the afternoon.  I also wish the product contained SPF, but I have a feeling that would cut into the mattifying properties of the cream, considering many sun protection products tend to be on the greasy/thick/creamy side.

Verdict: The strong scent, lack of SPF, and marginal mattifying benefits of the product means I will not be repurchasing this one again.  There's nothing like good ol' powder to cut the shine, but this doesn't mean I won't keep trying out other products that claim to do the same.   ~50mL jar, regular C$27 but with the frequent YR sales, likely closer to C$11-16.



No comments:

Post a Comment