Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

beauty box five - may 2013

I finally received my BB5 box yesterday.  On top of the delay in receiving the box (mail-outs were a bit later for the month of May - I was expecting this box at the end of May/early June), I was extremely unimpressed with the products provided this month.  Here is what I received (amounts listed are the sample values based on full-size retail value and are listed in USD):

1. Jean Pierre tanning towelettes. 2 towelettes, $1.78

2. Model Co black eyeliner.  Full size, $18

3. Coolway transform styling spray.  3.3oz, $12.29

4. La Fresh deodorant wipes.  2 wipes, $0.83

5. Brazen ultraglaze lip gloss in Centerfold.  The container received does not look to be the full-sized version, which retails for $8.99.  I am going to estimate the sample received is worth about $2 in retail value.

The total estimated retail value of the box was $41.89, mostly inflated by the Model Co eyeliner (I would never pay $18 US or Canadian for a plain ol' pencil eyeliner, whether or not it comes with a built-in sharpener).  However, overall, I found the contents of the box very disappointing as there isn't a single product that I'm actually excited to try.  Come on, BB5 - I don't mind receiving products from the same handful of companies (I like the Tree Hut and H2O+ products I have received so far in earlier boxes), but at least send me something I can use!  Hopefully, next month's box will be better (or at least on time!).

Product reviews to follow.



No comments:

Post a Comment