Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

benefit moisturize moisture prep toning lotion

This “deluxe sample” came in one of my Luxe Boxes back when I was a subscriber.  Given the travel-sized portion, I had always meant to save it for a vacation, but when it came down to packing, the clunky (but attractive) glass bottle never made it into my cosmetic bag.  Since I recently finished the Clinique clarifying lotion sample I had, I decided to switch over to this version.

I knew nothing about this product prior to using it, so imagine my surprise when I tried to pour some onto a cotton pad and out came this clearish, lotion-like substance.  Unlike other liquid toners, which are meant to remove lasting traces of cleanser and/or impurities and restore the skin’s pH balance, this version is supposed to prep skin for moisturizer.  I’m not crazy about the texture of the product – it’s slimy/gooey when applied, but it does absorb into skin pretty quickly.   

According to Benefit's website, the toning lotion contains vitamin E acetate, natural oat & meadowsweet, aloe leaf and yeast extract, all of which are meant to clarify/purify and sooth skin. 

After using this for about a week, I haven’t really noticed much of an improvement in the overall moisture content and elasticity of my skin – the Skoah face kream I’ve been using has taken care of most of the dry patches, so there were no other problem areas to improve.  

Verdict: When I want a “toning lotion”, what I really want is a proper toner, not an additional moisturizer.  I did not like this product enough to add yet another step to my nighttime cleansing routine, so this will be a no for repurchasing.  ~6fl oz bottle, US$30  

No comments:

Post a Comment