Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

dior serum mania

I made February Dior serum month - I had a couple Dior serum samples that I’d accumulated over the past year or so that have largely been untouched, so I thought I would give them a try.  As I’ve mentioned before, I don’t expect these serums to work miracles on my skin because (i) I’m not really at the age where the difference would be noticeable and (ii) thankfully, my skin is not in too rough shape to begin with.  However, I do believe in the preventive and protective properties that serums tout – it’s never too early to start thinking about how we’ll look 10, 20 or 30 years down the road.

Here are my thoughts on the Dior serums I tested.
  1. HydrAction Deep Hydration Radical Serum – my sister swears by this product, as she’s repurchased the full-sized version several times after first trying it.  The serum is clear and the texture of the product was more gel-like (vs. the runnier Biotherm version I had previously tried).  The product went on smoothly, but there was a faint alcoholic smell (which dissipates after a minute) that I wasn’t crazy about.  My skin did feel a bit more moisturized than usual when I followed up the serum with my usual moisturizer.  According to Sephora and Neiman Marcus, this product appears to no longer be available.
  2. Capture Totale Multi-Perfection Concentrated Serum – this serum was orange in colour, gel-like, and had a pleasant scent (reminds me of those vitamin E gel capsules they sell at drugstores).  The serum applied smoothly and sank into skin quickly.  I actually really liked the way my skin felt after applying this – smooth and soft without being sticky.  Other users have commented that this serum lightens any pigmentation on skin, but I didn’t see any such effect in the 1.5 weeks I used it.  It’s a bit pricey (US$145 for 1 oz - gulp), but this is my favorite out of the lot.

On an additional note, I'm not a fan of the Dior website as I find it a bit hard to navigate.  This is somewhat disappointing for what's supposed to be a prestigious brand.

Verdict: I still have a couple other serums to test drive, but so far, the Capture Totale would be the front-runner for a full-sized repurchase, despite its hefty price tag.



No comments:

Post a Comment